Hi Everyone: I’ve received a request for us to demo at the Westminster Chapel Lunar New Year event scheduled for Saturday, February 7th (probably mid-afternoon to early evening). Would you like to become part of our school demonstration team?
If so, what would it entail?
- Must know 1st Section of Traditional Form
- Practicing with other students
- Wearing a uniform for demos (if you do not have one, you can order one or we have some available for use);
- Demonstrating with your team members at events What are the benefits?
- Getting extra practice and refinement to your form;
- Making new friends (or reconnecting with some old ones),
- Being part of a team and being proud of your team’s practice, dedication, and desire to promote Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan
- Representing our school
I will be starting Demo Team Practices on either Saturday afternoons or Monday evenings beginning the 2nd week in January. If you have completed the FIRST SECTION of the Traditional 103 Movement Hand Form, and would like to be on our Demo Team, please let me know by Wednesday, December 31st.
On behalf of Master Yang and Fang Laoshi, I’d like to wish you all a safe and warm holiday season that brings the gift of family and friends and all the wonderful things that fill your heart with love and joy.
In January, Saturdays at 10am will be the Hand Form Section 1 class.
I hope you’re enjoying the holiday season!
Our school will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
Christmas Eve – Wednesday, December 24th
Christmas Day – Thursday, December 25th
New Years Eve – Wednesday, December 31st
New Years Day – Thursday, January 1st
Here are a couple of class and seminar announcements:
*The Tai Chi for Beginners class will turn into a Hand Form 1 class starting Saturday, January 3rd at 10am.
*We will start a Tai Chi Basics class on Thursday, February 5th at 8pm. Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, is interested in joining this class.
*Please let me know if you are interested in attending a one-day Saber Form seminar with Master Yang. This seminar will be held on either a Saturday or Sunday in February/March. 10 students needed for this seminar.
Let me know if you have any questions!
This Sunday, November 9th, we have a private seminar scheduled so the Sunday Student Group Practice will meet from 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
The regular time (10am to 11am) will resume on Sunday, November 16th.