- Classes will begin promptly at their scheduled time.
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to the start of class. If you need additional time to change clothes or warm-up, please factor this into your arrival time.
- There is a changing room available along with cubbyholes to store your shoes and other items. A rack is on the wall to hang your coats/sweaters.
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers while class is in session.
- When you enter the classroom, please line up in a formation of rows and columns and be in formation prior to the scheduled start time.
- Should you arrive late, quietly find a place in the back row. No need to wait for instructor permission to enter.
- Your instructor will greet the class with the palm and fist salute (open left hand covering the right fist) and say:
“Tong Xue Men Hao” (Hello, students).
The class will respond with the palm and fist salute and reply:
“Lao Shi Hao” (Hello, teacher), in unison.
8. At the close of each class your instructor will say:
“Tong Xue Men Zai Jian” (Good-bye, students).
The response, along with the palm and fist salute is:
“Lao Shi Zai Jian” (Good-bye, teacher).
9. At the end of class, please make sure the classroom area is picked up and no valuable or personal items are left behind.
Chinese: “Tong xue men hao” Pronounce like “Tong shoe men how”
Chinese: “Lao shi hao” Pronounce like “Lao sure how”
Chinese: “Xie xie” Pronounce like “Shay shay”
Chinese: “Tong xue men zai jian” Pronounce like “Tong shoe men zie gen”
Chinese: “Lao shi zai jian” Pronounce like “Lao sure zie gen”