We will start a new sword class in May, Wednesdays at 6PM, starting May 4, taught by Nancy Lucero.
We have 20 tickets to the event below. Contact email@example.com if you’d like to attend.
The Development and Health Benefits of Chinese Tai Chi,
A Lecture by Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei
Followed by Performances of Wushu & Taichi
Wednesday June 1, 2016, 6pm-8pm
Held at Kane Hall, University of Washington
Chinese Wushu & Taichi Academy LLC is honored to co-host Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei’s lecture on Wednesday, June 1st in Kane Hall on UW Seattle Campus, through partnership with the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington and Chen Zhenglei Tai Chi Training Center. On the occasion of celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Chinese Wushu & Taichi Academy and the closing ceremony of Grandmaster Chen’s “The Light of Tai Chi” 2016 summer camp, GM Chen will be presenting a lecture and bring his disciples and students to perform at the University of Washington! In addition, the China Queen of Taichi — Master Gao Jiamin, with 6.8 million viewers on YouTube — will demonstrate in this special occasion too. The lecture and performances are free and open to the public. Seats are limited and early registration is greatly encouraged. Please go to www.chinesewushutaichi.com register, Thanks!
We will be starting a new hand form class on Mondays 7pm, starting in April.
We’d also like to make a list of persons interested in a new class starting Wednesdays 6pm in May. It will be either hand form review or sword. Please email your preference to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here are a few school announcements:
1. Hand Form Seminar – Saturday, March 19th and Sunday, March 20th – There is still a few spaces left. If you’d like to attend, please email Fanghong@yangfamilytaichi.com. Maximum capacity is 24.
2. Saturday Classes & Practice for Hand Form Seminar Weekend – The Saturday at 10am class will meet at 12pm and the 11am class will meet at 1pm. There will be no Group Practice on Saturday, March 19th.
3. Saturday Group Practice – The 12pm practice will continue to meet (except for 3/19) and practice as usual. Aside from changing practice direction (to help those preparing for rank), no other changes will be made.
4. Sunday Group Practice – There will be no practice on Sunday, March 20th due to the Hand Form Seminar.
4. Ranking Practices – Will continue to meet Saturdays from 1:30pm to 3:30pm until Saturday, March 12th for those who have applied for Classic Ranks.
5. Primary Ranking Exams – We will have Ranking Exams for Primary Ranks Jie One, Jie Two and Jie Three on Sunday, March 6th starting at 2pm. The Ranking Fee for each is $10. If you would like to apply, please email Fang Hong at email@example.com. If you are interested and/or would like more information about Primary Ranks please click on this link: http://yangfamilytaichi.com/association/ranking/index.php.
Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.
Our Redmond school will have a Ranking Event on Saturday, March 19th at 5pm for Levels 1-5.
Ranking Practices will begin on Saturday, February 13th at 1:30pm and will meet weekly until Saturday, March 12th.
Please bring your completed Ranking Application and Fee ($30 for Levels 1-3, and $60 for Levels 4-6) on February 13th.
For those taking classes at our Redmond school, if you haven’t already done so, please turn in your Application and I will have your instructor fill in the “teacher appraisal” section.
For those taking classes at a different location, please have your instructor fill in the “teacher appraisal” section on the 2nd page of the Application PRIOR to our first practice.
Our first Ranking Practice is very important. Your coaches, Nick Duane and I, will be meeting with you to discuss ranking protocols, form ranking performing groups, start to prepare you with the ranking environment, and determine the day/time when Written Exams will be administered.
If you are considering applying for rank, please visit our website: http://yangfamilytaichi.com/association/ranking/index.php or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
All Applications must be turned in by Saturday, February 13th.
December 8 will be the last 6pm class for Hand Form. Tuesday, January 5 will start a Introduction Push Hands class which meet 6pm. Please let me know if you like to join this class. This class is good for people who want to learn Push Hands from basica skills.
Our school will conduct a Hand Form seminar March 19-20, 2016. If you are interested taking this seminar, please reserve it early by paying nonrefundable $50. We also will host ranking test on March 19 starting 5pm. The ranking application with payment have to be received by January 31, 2016.
No school days for this year are Nov 26, December 24, December 26, December 31.